Friday, August 5, 2011

Busy-ness with Busi-ness

As I am an artist, photographer, and art instructor (plus full time Mom/Grandma and wife, homemaker, house administrator, bill payer, tax preparer, house cleaner/organizer - and so many other things - you get the idea) I am super BUSY! I seldom have quiet moments. I want a hot tub but I wonder if I would even get to have a quiet moment in it. I want to read but when I begin a book I really want to read I have a child who comes in and climbs onto my lap or sits on my back for pony rides, so that giggles and laughs are the norm for the day. I want to make Scrap-pages but when I sit at the computer there are a ton of things that need to be done first and by the time I have completed all tasks at my desk I am too tired mentally to be as creative as I'd like to be.
I have many, very many, pieces of artwork that I either need to complete or to begin (thoughts rolling around in my head are striving to be heard and to get out artistically). I have been teaching so many classes this summer that I have set all of my own work aside. When I do get it out I find I must put it back away to set up for class. This summer I taught classes 7 days a week and several of those days I had 3 classes back to back. It was exhausting, exhilarating, stressful, uplifting, and it was fabulous. And it was so worth it :)
Several of my students entered artwork in the Washington County Fair. Out of 40 entries we were awarded placement in 36 or them. Awesome! I am so proud of them! I will be posting some photos in the next post :). In the meantime - I'm taking a breather LOL

No comments: