Friday, April 3, 2009

SUTUCS












So You Think You Can Scrap competition has now begun. There are 6 weeks of 'layout making' according to themes, there is voting and bonuses. Becki and I have both entered the Advanced Gallery competition. Some of the layouts are fabulous and so creative it'll knock your socks off! This competition is brought to us by ShabbyPickleDesigns and by After5Designs if you'd like to take a look for yourslf, and perhaps vote if we make it to the voting round - which is WAY tough.

Anyway, here are some layouts I did for week 1 It's So Me, posted to A5D gallery.

Looking at the bottom image first and working your way to the top image - The first one I made was pretty fun, just messing around with the items in the kit. I liked this photo of my eye and we weren't supposed to actually show who we are completely in case one of the judges might recognise us. I don't know the judges so that wouldn't be the case for me anyway. We aren't required to use the kit for the competition pages, but are required to use our items from designers at A5D and SPD. The bonus round gallery requires 100% items from the specified kit.

The second one I tried to be a bit more creative, changing items some and tweaking this way or that. Added my photos of the tie-dyed shirt and paints, which express who I am. The third try I just thought it was funny. Fourth page I added the image of my second page - I just liked it. The top page is the one I submitted for competition.

No comments: