Sunday, May 31, 2009

Family Reunion 2009

This past Memorial Day weekend was, for me, a most wonderous time. We had a 5-day gathering of our family. My husband and I have five grown children. Altogether we have a dozen Grandchildren and one Great-Grandchild. The last time our five have been together was 1985. It amazes me how much time has passed since then. Some of our Grandchildren we hadn't yet met. Now we are family again!

Our Family Reunion was Friday, May 22nd through Tuesday May 26th. All five of our children were here, ten of the Grandkids, and our Great-Granddaughter. I have always wanted to be the "Waltons" so this was about as close as I got to that dream. I LOVED it! I wish everyday could be this way. Some friends came by, we played board games, had two glorious breakfasts, a pizza party, Root Beer floats and Smores, a couple of big barbeques and two birthdays. We took over 1600 photos! FUN!

It was endearing, exciting, funny, hilarious, exhilirating, exhausting. It was Everything all rolled into five days. We talked, we laughed, we shared memories, we cried. I am so very thankful we had this time together. When your kids all grow up and have families of their own, they scatter like the wind, they fill their lives with "stuff" and with "life". It is difficult to get them all to come together in one spot for any amount of time at all. Thank you Lord, for bringing our family together for a time. May we be blessed again soon...

No comments: