Monday, May 5, 2008

A Garden


A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul. Yesterday one of my daughters came by for a long visit and brought my grandson. The day was beautiful and sunny without being too warm. We enjoyed many outdoor hours. She is a photographer and brought her camera. We took photos of everything in our path; close-ups of bird nests, bees on flowers, tree bark, the branches against the bright sky, playing with our dog, Quinn blowing dandelions, each other blowing dandelionse etc. We even took photos of each of us taking photos of each of us. We had an outdoor picnic, the first of many I'm sure, as we progress through spring and summer. We laughed a lot and truly enjoyed our day. The backyard and garden need a lot of tending as winter has passed and spring has sprung. It is nice to take photos of a landscaped and manicured garden, but there are times when I prefer to shoot the clutter, to capture the natural and untouched, to just let the pixels lay where they fall. I hope you enjoy this page I made with my beautiful butterfly photos from my 'organic' backyard.

No comments: