Thursday, May 1, 2008

National Day of Prayer


Today is the National Day of Prayer. In some ways this is my favorite day of the year, over all other days. It gives us a time to speak to God, to open our hearts to Him, to share our joys and our woes, a time to ask for His grace and mercy on our lives and on those in our family, in our community, our nation, and our world. I prayed today. First I prayed with a television ministry, John Hagee Today, a very powerful ministry where I go to continue to be fed God's word. I got on my knees and I raised my hands and I prayed and rejoiced.
Then I prayed at my desk. It is where I am most of every day, working away at all that I desire to do and to prosper, and I came to God right where I sat. I prayed for every member of my family and extended family. I prayed for many things for them. I prayed for Israel and the protection of that nation and it's people. I prayed for America and the healing of this nation, and forgiveness for all our sins, and for cleansing of America and Americans. We are still a land as One Nation Under God and we must remain as that. We must honor those who came to this country and made us a nation and all that they brought and purposed to this nation and intended for us to carry forward. In God We Trust and must continue to do if we are to be protected, to prosper, to be fed, and to be saved. I prayed my heart out to my Father and I hope you do too. God bless you and yours this day and every day. Today is an awesome day!

No comments: