Thursday, April 24, 2008

Scrapbooking is an art


I am new to the art of digital scrapbooking, started the end of February this year, so have been doing it about 2 months. I have made a whole lof of pages! It truly is a wondrous and wonderful way to spend your time. And the Freebies! Wow! I just love all the freebies! Thank you to all those who post freebies. I don't even know how to do that, yet. I hope to learn though and someday I can share back. I do have Photoshop and that I also need to learn. There is so much to learn, it is overwhelming. I have books and DVD's and online instructions I have saved to PDF's. I don't even know where to start. I'd love to design papers and embellishments. Where does one begin? Well, one thing I do know, "to begin is the first step; to keep on keepin' on is the next step; and to do my best to retain what I take in is maybe the biggest challenge of all".
I spend a lot of time downloading freebies. It feels like Christmas, my birthday, and Mother's Day all rolled into one - every day! Love love love it! I also love the QP's (Quick Pages). I always add embellishments and all that. I find I pretty much like the 'cluttered/busy' look over the simple page. I don't know why, probably because I try to cram it all together and don't want to leave any of these little jewels out. Like my life, I cram it all in, not wanting to leave anything out. Art, all forms of it, should make you happy. Go for it. So, I hope you all give it a try. You can Google scrapbook freebies and get a whole list of where to go. One important note: it takes a lot of computer space, so perhaps you'll want an external hard drive to put it all in. Also, don't forget to back it all up on DVD's regularly so you don't ever lose it. Yep - I gotta do that today, LOL! More work, onward and forward I march...

No comments: