Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grow Where God Plants You


I have taken a photo of a Dandelion. That pesky little yellow flowered, uh, 'flower-weed', that grows everywhere, that you can't get rid of, that blows little white 'fluffy' bits all over your yard, and there grows again. The true visual of "Grow where God plants you". My Grandson loves Dandelions, and always, ALWAYS, picks them and blows on them. I love to watch him as he gets such a kick out of it. Awww, I don't care if more grow. God gave them to us after all. He takes all things and makes them good. They are good in salads. They are good to add color in my yard. They are good for my Grandson to play with. And I got a very good photo of one. Actually I took several, and I liked them all. I am sharing one here today.


I first saw the words 'Grow where God plants you' on a little sign in someone's yard, while on a walk years ago. I never forgot it. It became my motto of sorts. Every time there was a change in my life, either planned or unplanned, I told myself those words. There have been many changes and not all of them did I want. But those words kept me going, kept me centered, kept my eyes on God and His plan. He has a plan for my life; He sees the big picture, He knows my future. In Him will I trust. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6


When I was growing up people always said "Mary. Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?" I just started telling them my garden died and then they wouldn't ask me anymore. It was true, my garden pretty much always died. No matter what I did in my garden I couldn't make it grow full and vibrant. I certainly did not have a green thumb. But once I saw that little sign in that person's yard, my concept of my 'garden' changed. I may still be Mary, Mary quite contrary, but my garden thrives, in Him.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Hi Mary-
I used some of your words in my facebook page. They encouraged me on my journey with God and felt they were written perfectly for others to learn from to. If you want to take a look my page is at:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=355320901197335&set=a.283262788403147.70020.283244668404959&type=1&theater

Facebook page shine like stars.

blessings.